Zach's Equations and Antics

The thoughts of a PhysicsAddict.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Farewell, but not Forgotten

I discovered:
The favorite thing I discovered was the last thing I discovered. Schools facebook application. SIS integration, secure(not on facebook servers) and Students will be amazed by it! The video showed it was for college, but can it work for High school and does the district have to set it up? Must research more.

Lifelong Learning
Program has been a paradigm shift for how I expect to have a classroom. This program was a very powerful seed for my future development.

Didnt Expect...
The program was more than I expected. I am tech savvy, so I thought I would fly through it, I mostly did ;), but but understanding its potential was very useful.

Tips:
The word I heard was that the wiki directions lacked continuity, meaning the directions seemed scattered. REstructuring that might help future lifelong learners.

I would try another course if
It was during the summer and the program was geared for actual setup of online class setup. With prerequisites like this course, adn the promise that the teacher has a solid curriculum, they could get there classes online with support. They get their work done early, get paid for it, and are setup for online classrooms. The strucure of the class should have some flexibility, so the classes are not cookie cutter like. I would love to be a part of that!!!

Influence
After real practice with all of this, I think teaching will be more organic despite all the tech talk. I will see my practice as more organic, meaning better feedback, relationships with the class with an easier and natural flow, and more mutualistic for the educator and educatee.

Stay connected
RSS widgets, facebook, and classroom 2.0 and maybe delicious. That should cover it!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on completing the course! You've done a great job and learned a lot. Thanks for coming on this learning journey with us. We appreciate your comments in the wiki instructions and will do what we can to make it simpler in the future!

    ReplyDelete